- You could talk to everyone you meet about your business. Many business owners are very good at this, but it’s hard to reach a lot of potential customers this way.
- You can spend money on advertising. This works for the world’s largest corporations and it can work for you – if you have deep pockets and don’t mind spending.
- You can use social media. Social media marketing is definitely recommended for all businesses, but can be super time intensive and cost a lot of money if you don’t have the time and knowledge to do it yourself.
- Write and send out PRESS RELEASES. This is easily the simplest, least expensive and effective way to get the word out about your business.
When it comes to promoting your business, best practices dictate that you use a variety of methods to reach potential clients. If your budget and your time is tight, the best thing you can do is craft and send out a well written press release to a targeted media list which reaches your target market.
Some of the benefits of sending out press releases:
- Press releases are the least expensive way to reach a large number of potential clients or customers.
- Press releases can (and should) be sent out on a regular basis – each and every time your company has some newsworthy information that you want to share with the world (or at least your target market).
- Press releases can help you develop mutually beneficial working relationships with relevant media outlets, who can then turn to you for expert commentary in your field. This is a great help in establishing credibility for you and your company.
- Press releases can let potential clients know about all types of company news, including new partnerships, new products, new services, awards won etc.
Media outlets of all kinds are constantly searching for newsworthy stories to report on and share with their readers, viewers and media consumers. A well-written press release with timely, relevant and interesting information can provide media outlets (newspapers, magazines, radio, television, bloggers, etc.) with news items they can use to create stories that are of interest to their readers and viewers.
You are encouraged to use press releases to distribute all the great news surrounding your business. The press release is one of the simplest, least expensive and most beneficial tools for business owners – and one that anyone can use. Give it a try – send out a press release today!
Want to know how to write a killer press release? Download the FREE report How to Craft a Press Release That Gets Crazy Results for Your Business.
Joe ‘Tesla’ Kennedy is an online entrepreneur, web publisher and former (recovering) newspaper publisher. He was the world’s first 24 Hour Realtor, a Crab Fisherman in Alaska and co-owner of a business called Aerial Burial. He has seen thousands of press releases (both really good and extremely horrible) over many years.
Kennedy has published a good number of those press releases and used others to craft interesting stories. He has been known to write and distribute press releases for his own businesses and clients over the years, leading to stories via many media outlets including TV, radio, the LA Times, Seattle Times and Wall Street Journal. He can be reached at Joe@VirtuallyFamousMarketing.com, on Twitter @JoeTeslaKennedy and on YouTube as JoeConnector.