The 5th annual Global Alternative Funding Forum is set on November 11, 2016, from 8 AM to 6:30 PM at the Skirball Center, Los Angeles, CA 90049. This exclusive thought-leadership annual gathering with a think-tank theme is known worldwide for bringing together the world class financiers, the most prominent business leaders, private investors, government officials and other top experts and powerful authorities in the field of capital formation for young ventures and emerging growth companies.
“Our one-of-a-kind Forum, with its 360 degree view of innovative financing options for entrepreneurial ventures, continues to be a powerful force worldwide in changing the status quo as we strive in all our efforts to bridge the worlds of alternative and traditional finance to foster entrepreneurship, creativity and innovations,” Victoria noted. “We believe that progress happens only through engagement with ALL vital parts of the financial system and are delighted to bring together a truly unique collection of the most influential and forward-looking authorities, ‘entrepreneurial-friendly’ investors, and leading players in FinTech & capital markets,” Victoria continued.
Key topics for discussion 2016 include:
- Redefining Securities Distribution through Crowdfinance
- Alternative Funding Tools, Access to Liquidity and the Rise of Venture Exchanges
- Funding Options Under the JOBS Act: Building Brand Loyalty via Stock-Ownership
- Royalties as the Alternative Way for Both Investing and Financing
- Federal and Corporate Financing Programs in support of SMB
- EB-5 Programs
- Artificial Intelligence and the Rise of Robotics in Financial Services
- The Changing Face of Angel Investors
- Venture Capitalists on the Future of Venture Capital
- How Blockchain is Transforming Venture Financing Industry
“We are in the early days of a revolution that will make capital markets work again for the growth economy. We have a lot more work to do to bring back the ecosystem that once made the United States equities markets the envy of markets around the world,” noted David Weild, the “father” of the JOBS Act, and speaker at the fifth Alternative Global Alternative Funding Forum.
“We’re excited and honored to be a part of Metropole Capital’s event. The landscape of fundraising has shifted drastically in the past three years, with more access as well as potential pitfalls. There is no better event for founders to understand the business and legal implications of fundraising than this forum,” stated Kendrick Nguyen, Co-Founder & CEO at Republic.
There are 40 speakers expected including:
- Cromwell Coulson – President, CEO & Director, OTC Markets Group, Inc.
- David Weild IV – Founder, Chairman & CEO of Weild & Co; known as the “father” of the JOBS Act
- Vivian Shimoyama – Regional Executive Director for 10,000 Small Businesses
- Arthur Lipper – World renowned financier, author, inventor, investor and philanthropist
- Kendrick Nguyen – Co-Founder & CEO at Republic, an offshoot of AngelList/Regulation CF platform
- Connie Harrell – Angel Investor, Region President of Keiretsu Forum Southern California
- Michael G. Homeier – Founding Shareholder @ Homeier Law PC with focus on venture financing & EB-5
- Jullian Sidoti – Partner at Trowbridge Sidoti, LLP/CrowdfudningLawyers.net
- Dara Albright – President of Dara Albright Media, Co-founder of FinFair & LendIt conferences
- Sam Guzik – Founder at Guzik & Associates, Legislative & Regulatory Special Counsel for CfPA
- Kim Kaselionis – FinTech Pioneer, Managing Partner at Breakaway Funding
- DJ Paul– Founder of DJP&Co, co-chair of Crowdfunding Intermediary Regulatory Advocates (CFIRA)
- James Jones – National Speaker, Author, Educator for Retirement Planning and Self-Directed IRA’s
- Mona DeFrawi – Founder at InsideVenture (acquired by SecondMarket), & GrowthSTARS Media
- Josh Maher – Angel Investor, Author of “Startup Wealth: How the Best Angel Investors Make Money . . .”
- Manny Fernandez – Angel Investor, Micro VC & Equity Crowdfunding Pioneer, DreamFunded.com
- Greg Bohlen – VC, Managing General Partner at Union Grove Venture
- David Josephson – Managing Director/ Western Region/ EXIM Bank
- David Hornik – VC at August Capital, Creator of VentureBlog & VentureCast
The Master of Ceremonies for the Global Alternative Funding Forum will be Sandro Monetti, managing editor of the Los Angeles Business Journal, and a CNN and BBC contributor and television host.